Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The laundry project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

The laundry project

The laundry project - ongoing 

Top cabinets complete 

IMG_20210207_174716_300.jpg

We recently decided to upgrade our laundry. Originally we wanted to knock it down and move it into another section of our home but the alternative of upgrading the space is more feasable at the moment. 

IMG_2220.jpg

This project is likely to take a few months due to other commitments but here is some progress so far.

Before.

20210116_123406.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2172(1).jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2188(1).jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More to come...

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Re: The laundry project

Thanks Eric,

Not worried so much about the battens because the cupboard would be attached to them too.

It's the size of the shelves alongside the cupboard that I want to be consistent. I don't want the shelves to come out further than the cupboard.

I can always cut down the back pieces so they fit inside the shelf frame if I have to, but would prefer not to have to do that.

BTW how do I message @diy_hausdesigns  without having someone else have to tag me so he's sees my message?

Rob

Hi @rubytuesday1953,

You've tagged exactly right so that he is alerted to your message. Using the @ symbol and making sure you spell the username correctly is all you need to do to ensure that they are notified of your message. We also have private messaging functionality on the site, but it's best to ask project questions in discussions just as you have done so that more members can benefit from the answers that the author of the post provides.

Please let me know if you need any help navigating the site. We're here to help.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @rubytuesday1953 . Sounds like you are progressing well.

You'd be happy to know you have not stuffed up. The overall depth is 295mm + 16mm (back panel) = 311mm.

And the cupboard is slightly deeper as you've indicated (by about 6mm) So you end up with a slight offset as in my image. I didn't mind this detail.

If you want it flush, you may need to add an extra bit of timber at the back to offset it forward to equal the depth of the cupboard 

20210719_194713.jpg

Hope that helps !

----

Phew!!! Thank God.@diy_hausdesigns I don't mind the slight offset either.

I thought it looked ok from what I could see from your original pictures, but the close up makes it a lot clearer.

I wasn't looking forward to cutting the back pieces down to fit inside the shelf.

I can finish them now. Yay!!!!

Again, thank you very much for your help. Pictures to follow

Regards

Rob @rubytuesday1953 

Thanks @StevieB 

Rob @rubytuesday1953 

No worries - Happy to help where I can 😊 And looking forward to seeing the end product.

All the best!

----

Hello @rubytuesday1953

I'm glad it all worked out. I'm sure our members are very keen to see the layout of your cabinets. We look forward to seeing the updates once you finish your build. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Well @diy_hausdesigns 

Finally finished my laundry makeover.

Thanks heaps for letting me use your shelf design and helping me with the measurements, it really adds a great look.

I ended up using the cheaper flatpax cupboards, but with the  hafele soft close hinges (the ones that came with the cupboard were pretty crappy).

I'm so glad that my daughter's builder friend was able to help me with the panelling and putting the cupboards up. It took him a few hours where it would've taken me days and he wouldn't take any money for his time either. What a great friend!beforebeforeDuringDuringDuringDuringDuringDuring21.jpgduringduringDuringDuringDuringDuringDuringDuringDuringDuringSideboardSideboardTaDa!!!!TaDa!!!!

That looks amazing @rubytuesday1953! I trust @diy_hausdesigns will be thrilled to see their shelving design being used in another person's project. 

It would be great if you were able to create a discussion post to showcase your project. I'm sure there will be plenty of members wanting to ask questions and get advice from you.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc . How do I create a discussion post?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects