Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cabinets for workshop/garage

fhk56
Building a Reputation

Cabinets for workshop/garage

For many many years, I have been using plastic containers for small parts etc. After years of use these are now falling apart and spreading their contents all over the place.

I have been remodelling the shed/workshop lately and decided to change over to OCD containers.

The containers I chose were Tactix 405mm and 380mm Organisers. 

Anyway, after cruising this site as well as other woodworking channels, for inspiration  this is what I built.

IMG_20200815_123036.jpgIMG_20200815_085023.jpgIMG_20200815_091005.jpg

The kick rails were an after thought using scrap timber. I will get around to painting them one day.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cabinets for workshop/garage

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fhk56. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

You've done a fantastic job creating that unit and I trust any anxiousness you had in your storage method is sorted now. I was actually looking at an identical project yesterday and was thinking to myself this would be a perfect solution to my issue. I use similar containers for my screws, bolts, bits and pieces. The issue is I am storing them on a shelf and every time I want to find something I need to pull all the containers our to find the right one. My wife would love this project as well and she'd have a ball branding all those containers with her Dymo label maker.

Many thanks for contributing your project as I trust our members will be interested in building similar units to this. I know I'll be adding this to my list of things to construct in the new future.

We look forward to seeing what else you are planning around your home and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
damo_
Cultivating a Following

Hi @fhk56  these look great & a good solution for when you start to build up a few of these containers, I might try something similar once I get a couple more

unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

What a great idea, thanx for sharing, I think I may borrow this idea.

Moored
Just Starting Out

Thanks that's a great design. I might look at popping cheap casters on to make it movable. It would make a good flat pack item for Bunnings to sell :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Moored. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @fhk56, so they are alerted to your kind comment about their project. I'll also pass your idea onto our team as you're right, a shelving system specifically to hold our flat storage containers would be fantastic and undoubtedly a great seller. 

I'll be keenly awaiting your version of this project. Please update us with some images when you're done. I'm sure you'll find heaps of other inspiring projects within the community as our ingenious members contribute their ideas here all the time. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects