Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dowel jig

Bollocks
Getting Established

Dowel jig

Can anyone provide me with a plan/video on how to make a simple dowel jig?

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Dowel jig

Hi @Bollocks,

How about this?

Workshop member @AndrewJones is into woodworking and makes videos so might also be able to help.

If you want to buy one instead, here's a simple one from Bunnings. There's also a mid-range and a more expensive auto model.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Bollocks. I hope you find the community informative, helpful and fun.

I'm looking forward to reading about your projects. What are you planning to make with the jig?  

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful for you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bollocks
Getting Established

Hi Jason

I am planning to make a food trolley - I belong to a Mens Shed and it is a project I am working on there. But the Shed has no dowel jig, hence my query. Regards Lynton

AndrewJones
Making a Splash

Hi, what are you building? If it's a simple coffee table top PVA glue might be fine.

Maker, youtuber and woodworker. Watch me work wood in 24 frames per second: https://www.youtube.com/user/andii1701/videos

Hi Andrew: I am building a food trolley with castors and two shelves. I think I have unearthed a simple dowel jig to make. Thanks for your enquiry.
I hear you are a woodworking font of knowledge. Looking forward to further contacts. Regards Lynton
Bollocks
Getting Established

Thanks Kermit for your response.I have unearthed a very simple dowel jig which I shall show on this forum when I have knocked one up. I last did some dowelling about 10 years ago so I don't want to buy a jig which I won't use again for a similar time - if ever. Regards Lynton.

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects