Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage storage makeover

lcooksey88
Having an Impact

Garage storage makeover

Love our garage make over to increase storage space & most importantly create a functional space for everyone! 

99732AFA-39D3-40A1-B0E9-29DF21262FAB.jpeg

93216477-FD2A-4576-A83A-5CFD554C2E10.jpeg

AB8D3B7C-80F2-4FAA-B271-849E3F3AC4A0.jpeg

76C5ED56-CFA2-4631-8C48-9297529D97B8.jpeg

D4C254D9-37C6-4D0E-AC7A-465E3E4FB0D8.jpeg

7EC1C0F5-C1C8-4964-8C15-2891EE75E92B.jpeg

D092BCAE-F47E-47C3-ABE9-C3F3A9FC7E34.jpeg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Garage storeage makeover

You've done a awesome job @lcooksey88 !

This is something I need to boost my skills in - organisation. I have so many tools that I just don't know the best way to store them all.

It's on my list though. Thanks for the inspo.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
prvz27
Building a Reputation

Re: Garage storage makeover

That is cleaaann! Very nice 

ravit
Growing in Experience

@lcooksey88 - what a brilliant makeover! Enjoy the clean space you have created for yourself.
I had a question around what you have used to hang the cleaning tools on the wall to the left of the window. I might need something similar or perhaps take a leaf out of your creation to do something similar in my garage which is not a brick wall but a plaster wall. 

Thanks for sharing!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ravit. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I trust @lcooksey88 appreciates your kind compliment and hopefully can answer your question.

In the meantime, I've located the product Oates 5 Handle Storage Holder which appears to be what lcooksey88 has used to hang the cleaning tools on the wall.  I'm sure they can clarify for us if that is the correct product.

Are you planning a garage makeover? It would be fantastic to follow along with your project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with the community. You might be interested in checking out our Top 10 most popular garage and shed projects on Workshop which includes a fantastic amount of inspiration for projects in your garage.

We look forward to hearing and seeing you get started on your own garage makeover.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Ravit, Mitchell is correct it is the oats holder- works great. I just trimmed it down with the grinder to fit our space. Good luck 

ravit
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc - thank you for your prompt response and appreciate your reference to the products I was looking for.

As much as I would love to complete a garage makeover I haven't thought of it much but certainly starting with organisation of tools in my garage and this kind of leads the way.

Am sure to post how it turns out when done. Just need to find the studs and hook the oates product up and I should be all set. 

sav006
Growing in Experience

Hi @lcooksey88 

Sorry to comment on a past post, but I love the look of this. I was wondering what height the uprights are?

There's a couple of options. I guess what fits in my garage plus the option of the containers stored on top, but interested in your situation as it looks in proportion. 

Cheers, 

Sav006

- Giving it a go, one nail at a time
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sav006. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

I trust @lcooksey88 will be more than happy to answer your question.

We look forward to hearing more about your garage makeover and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us. As mentioned above, our top 10 most popular garage and shed projects are also a great place to get some inspiration for your project. There's plenty of neat solutions you might not have thought of.

Mitchell

sav006
Growing in Experience

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Curiosity got the better of me so I took it upon myself to count the notches (28 from what I can tell) in the vertical bars and figured the height was 2135mm. 😎

2135 uprights.  

Let me know if that's not the height @lcooksey88 

- Giving it a go, one nail at a time
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great thinking, @sav006! Well, if what you're currently doing doesn't work out for you, at least you know you've got the option of becoming a private investigator. I've double-checked for you and can confirm they appear to be the 2135mm uprights.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects