Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage storage makeover

iolene
New Contributor

Re: Garage storage makeover

wow, that looks awesome. Love the peg board.

barrydavis
Budding Browser

Where and what did you get? I want to do the exact same thing in my garage. Love how you found a way to store the mower as well!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @barrydavis. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and fantastic to see this project has inspired you.

Let me mention @lcooksey88, so they are alerted to your question and hopefully can assist with a list of products used.

If they don't have details of the products used, I'll attempt to piece it together for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @barrydavis,

Just wanted to extend my own warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform your garage. Perhaps share some photos of its current state so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific advice.

I'm sure @MitchellMc and @lcooksey88 will get back to you ASAP with those product details. I know these were mentioned:

• The shelving is the Rack It 1000kg which we adjusted to our heights then used FJ Laminated tops as the bench.
  • To hang the cleaning tools on the wall, the Oates 5 Handle Storage Holder was used. I just trimmed it down with the grinder to fit our space.
  • For the peg boards, we used the 900x450 Pinnacle ones. Cut them down slightly to fit in our space, screwed them off to ply board that we screwed to the racking and placed a support bar at the back of the ply also onto the racking. 

All the best,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @barrydavis,

I've had a look at the products used, and it appears that the following list should provide most of what you need. Hopefully, @lcooksey88 might be able to run her eyes over my list to double-check that I've covered everything and that they are the same products she's used.

You might also like to check out the full range of shelving from Rack It heavy duty storage. There are plenty of options to make your own custom layouts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects