Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to assemble roof of Mimosa 4.27 x 3.69 x 3.23m wooden gazebo?

FuzzyBo
Finding My Feet

How to assemble roof of Mimosa 4.27 x 3.69 x 3.23m wooden gazebo?

We’re having trouble assembling our gazebo, at the point of putting the roofing on. We can’t align the iron against both the ridge and the roof trusses, on the second side - the first went together nicely. There’s almost 2 cm gap between one top corner of the iron and the roof rafter when the iron is lined up with the truss. If we instead align to the ridge then the bottom corner hole ends out in space, past the side rafter, so it can’t be screwed down.

Does anyone have tips on how to nudge the alignments into square, please?IMG_2629.jpeg

Re: Mimosa 4.27 x 3.69 x 3.23m Wooden Gazebo troubleshooting

Ridgeline photos attached.

IMG_3821.jpegIMG_3820.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @FuzzyBo,

In the second image, you can see the ridge beam seems to change elevation, this makes me think that I was correct that you may need to look at the levels at the base.

Like I said, the posts may look square but if they aren't on a perfectly level surface, everything above can be pushed out.

Have you got access to a spirit level or better yet a laser level that you could check this with?

Jacob

I have both. A spirit level on top of the this-end truss shows it’s level there. I’m going wider ridge capping at this stage, because we want the roof on against the coming rain.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @FuzzyBo,

For a quick fix to put in place before the coming rain, you could look at grabbing some strips of Suntuf 1270 x 150 x 150cm Clear Corrugated Polycarbonate Ridge Cap. Just be aware that the pitch of the roof might not be exactly the same as that of this ridge cap. 

If you needed something to match, you would need to trace the angle of the roof pitch and take it to the Special-Orders desk who can custom order a ridge cap from one of our suppliers, but please note this would take some time.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more assistance.

Jacob

Jacob for the win! The bottom right post was an inch too high. This was found and confirmed after I had all the roof on, when I used a water level when adding guttering. The final trim covers a slight misalignment on the bottom edge of the problem side, and the ridge cap covers the same at the top. It looks great now!

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @FuzzyBo 

:smile: Cherring!

Finding where things arnt quiet right is sometimes better then getting it bang on first time!

Cant wait to see the whole lot done!

Dave

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @FuzzyBo,

Fantastic! 

I agree with @Dave-1, the solutions I've found after days of head scratching always seem to be so much more satisfying.  

I'm really happy to hear that I could help, and I hope you enjoy your new gazebo.

Jacob

The other side was the troublesome one, but it now looks the same, leaves and all!

IMG_3940.jpegIMG_3939.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hey @FuzzyBo,

It looks great. I'm so pleased it worked out in the end.

If you ever need more help with anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Jacob

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @FuzzyBo 

:smile: Man nice job, bet when its raining you will be out there laughing at the weather! :smile: It looks great!

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects