Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to drill anker screws into concrete?

Bell_1986
Cultivating a Following

How to drill anker screws into concrete?

hello I have a ryobi hammer drill and some anker screws with concrete fixings I'm planning on using to secure garden shed to concrete slab. Is it hard to do this .... I'm a 38year female that is trying to do as much diy jobs I cam around my new home but I'm also passing jobs over that may not be suitable for me.... wondering how hard it is to drill in concrete, what is it going to take.... steps for me to get this job done if it is appropriate for me. I then plan in sealing with some silicone some sort so no water gets in and also wash away the green water stain moulds (prior the silicone), not sure what will wash that off? Thanks

1000010175.jpg

😅

Re: How to drill anker screws into concrete?

Hi @Bell just be aware that though SDS Hammer Drills (All drills are rotary as they turn) utilise specific drill bits for masonry drilling only. They are about 3X more efficient than standard hammer drills, but unless your regularly drilling in to masonry thats all they do. Though most models will also offer a chiselling function that also use specific accessories.

As @MitchellMc mentioned a corded hammer drill will be more efficient than a cordless one, but there are also brushless cordless hammer drills that will be not as effective as corded, but will provide a greater range of purpose to you. Just ensure you use high range on the gearbox for drilling and low range for screw driving any fasteners.

Regards, Nailbag.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects