Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to enclose carport on one side?

selvan1426
Just Starting Out

How to enclose carport on one side?

I’d like to know how I can enclose one side of my carport. So I can store things in it without it getting destroyed by the wind, dust etc. 

C8BB4FE4-50CE-4E68-AC13-A1E3805299CD.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to enclose carport on one side?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @selvan1426. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about enclosing a carport.

Have you considered adding bistro blinds? They would stop most of the wind, dust and rain from entering the carport. 

Another option would be to clad the wall with cement sheeting. If you were to run the sheets from the roof down to the floor, you could completely seal off the area to the elements.

I recommend using the transparent bistro blinds as the light will still be allowed to enter the area.

Please let me know what you think of those options.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell

Blinds would be an option, what about the cladding, Would that be difficult to do as a DIY job?

appreciate the advice

Depends on your D.I.Y. skillset @selvan1426. It's a relatively straightforward process, but you'll likely have to install some timber batons onto the walls so you can easily screw the sheets to them. You could just screw the sheets directly into the timberwork that is already there if you are not too fussed about how well the sheets are installed.

I'm sure our helpful members will be more than happy to provide advice and guide you through the process.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @selvan1426 

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from my colleague @MitchellMc. I suggest having a peek at this discussion - Alfresco wall for privacy and weather protection by @Baggs. As my colleague mentioned it depends on your D.I.Y. skillset and the tools you have available. If you've done a bit of carpentry, you should be able to plan this out. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects