Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill a gap between a shed and concrete wall?

AdrianW
Growing in Experience

How to fill a gap between a shed and concrete wall?

Hi all. I need to find something that can fill a gap between a concrete wall and the frame of a shed I am going to be building. I want to be able to screw it into the concrete wall and also the shed. It needs to be waterproof as it will be located in an area that sometimes gets wet. The size I am looking to fill is around 1970mm high by ideally 220-250mm wide. Ideally it would be at least 25mm thick. I was thinking perhaps using a composite deckboard but they don't come wide enough to fill the gap. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

AdrianW
Growing in Experience

Re: Looking for ideas on what to use to fill a gap with a panel between a shed and concrete wall

Hey @Noyade that looks great. I wanted to avoid timber but I think it may end up being the best solution. What did you screw those fenceposts into?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for ideas on what to use to fill a gap with a panel between a shed and concrete wall

Hello @AdrianW 

Since you are using H3 timber its best to leave a gap at the bottom to prevent moisture from getting trapped underneath. 

The Ekodeck panels can still be attached using traditional methods. However, I suggest drilling pilot holes that are slightly bigger than the screw you'll be using. This will give the panel room to expand during temperature changes.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"What did you screw those fenceposts into?"

Just some lengths of treated pine attached to the house, @AdrianW 

AdrianW
Growing in Experience

20231231_175221.jpg

AdrianW
Growing in Experience

Hey guys, so i finished this project for anyone interested. Realised I could use wood as long as I could design it to not have any timber in contact with the floor. So I installed fence posts sitting on a 200m stirrup. Screwed the post into three battons that were screwed into the concrete wall. Then finished on the outside with merbau decking. The off the wall shed will then be screwed into the structure to cover the pool pump. 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @AdrianW 

:smile: Love it! Definently does the job and thats nice tody work :smile:

I Think we are always interested :smile: especialy when you see the page counts even if there isnt an actual poster. It means someone has found something within the post that is interesting :smile:

Onwards to the shed section of the project! :smile:

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Terrific work @AdrianW! That looks fanatstic.

Well done and many thanks for sharing your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects