Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install cubby Colorbond roof?

JaneL
Just Starting Out

How to install cubby Colorbond roof?

Can anyone tell me how to install a colorbond roof on a cubby.  The existing one is going rotten (the makers used untreated pine) although we painted it as soon as it was built.  Do we need to remove the wooden roof before installing the colour bond?  Also advice on a filler to fill softened wood in the railings etc without having to take the whole thing down.  It’s only a couple of years old.  We have a tarp over it ATM.  Am in Queensland.  Thank you all.  Jane

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cubby Roof

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JaneL. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a cubby.

It would be beneficial if you could provide some images of the cubby house so our helpful members better understand what solutions they could suggest. Please let me know if you need assistance uploading those images.

If the current roof is not too severely damaged, it could be used as the framework for the new Colorbond roof. If the timber is rotting away completely or could become a hazard, I'd suggest removing it and installing new timber to support the sheeting.

For filling any holes in the structure, you can use Poly 450g Exterior Timber Filler

Before adding the new roof, it might be a good idea to give the structure another couple of coats of quality exterior paint. Make sure to get into all the nooks and difficult to paint areas, as any exposed untreated timber with suck moisture in under the paint and continue the rotting process.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects