Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a motorcycle tail light bracket?

fabrizio1990
Finding My Feet

How to make a motorcycle tail light bracket?

Hi there i would to build an L shaped motorcycle tail bracket but i don't have any tools.

It has to be a rectangular L shaped one,also i wouldn't know which metal to use.

Thanks in advance 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make a motorcycle tail light bracket?

Hello @fabrizio1990,

Wonderful to see you active again on the site! Thank you for your question on building a motorcycle tail light bracket. 

I'm sure @EricL would be happy to assist you once he's back on the site later today. In the meantime let me tag @CSParnell to see if he has any thoughts.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @fabrizio1990

Thank you for sharing your question about making a bracket for your tail light. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the tail light and where you'll be attaching it to the motorcycle? This will give our members a chance to assess its location. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

I suggest having a look at the Carinya brackets specifically the Carinya 40 x 600 x 1mm Flat Make-a-Bracket - single. It is relatively easy to form into the shape that you need and is rated for outdoor use. The tools you'll need are pliers, a hack saw and sandpaper to remove the sharp edge of the steel once you cut it. If the holes don't line up with your bracket you'll need a drill and a drill bit as well.  

Please keep in mind to wear safety gear such as goggles, gloves and a dust mask when cutting or drilling into steel. 

We look forward to seeing the photos of your tail light.

Eric

IMG_20230111_090151.jpg

Hi @fabrizio1990 

Alumunium  would work but hard to get a large angle  piece.  Painted steel is also good from a hardware store it is possible to buy 2 angle  brackets.

Looking at your photos  maybe a single angle bracket  could be used to support your existing setup.

a bike.jpg

You  will need to  check  this hardware solution works for you as I cant tell strickly from photos.

The main issue would be the  curve of the  mud  guard fitting the curve of the  hose  hanger It must be close to work, 

• Made from durable powder coated steel paint it if you dont like colour.

Haxbury Bronze Savanna Hose Hanger I/N: 3111059 $21

https://www.bunnings.com.au/haxbury-bronze-savanna-hose-hanger_p3111059

Apart  from this  try super auto,  bike shops  or wreckers  might have a better solution.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @fabrizio1990

Thank you so much for posting those photos. If you are after something much more robust, I suggest checking out the Carinya Angle Bracket range. Perhaps you'll find something that will be suitable for what you have in mind. I'm afraid that if you wish to use aluminium you will need to invest in tools. Perhaps you can ask a friend or relative if you can borrow tools from them in order to begin your project. 

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hi @EricL   good to know Bunning has some plate type aluminum in stock to make brackets up etc.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects