Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to operate Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light?

victoriacalhoun
Finding My Feet

How to operate Arlec IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light?

IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

  

I have just purchased three of the WL0020 Arlec / IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light and unboxed them but I cannot work out how the clamp works as it is obviously been packaged for efficiency. The pamphlet included says absolutely nothing about the clamp, and there is nothing on YouTube that I can find. It doesn't articulate and the clamps do not open.  I did speak to 2 people in the Arlec / Ironhorse customer service team, who no doubt have never seen the product because they kept drawing my attention to the on off switch which is not what I need help with. Is there someone that could help me? I'm normally not too bad at working things out, but I have nightshift brain at the moment. I didn't want to start unscrewing things because I'm sure it is a simple fix.  Thanks so much.

Re: Arlec / IronHorse 15W 1400lm LED Rechargeable Clamp Light

Hi @EricL and @MitchellMc 

Just wondering - in situations like this - is it possible to get/invite representatives from companies like Ironhorse and others, to join the discussion on this site? I thought it would be in their interest?

Cheers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Noyade,

Thanks for your feedback. 

We're asked the community about whether they would like Bunnings suppliers to directly participate on the community and many were concerned that businesses would simply advertise their products. The alternative that we will continue with is for our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts to get assistance from suppliers on behalf of community members and share it in relevant discussions.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

So how did she sesolve it? If I force it I will break it.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tonybburch

I've just headed into one of our stores to take a look at the item. Both the clamp and pivot mechanism are both quite tight out of the box. I can see what you mean, as it almost appears that the pivot mech will break, but it doesn't. Apply a bit more force, and you'll find that it starts moving, and the movement thereafter frees up dramatically; it's just the initial first movement that is tight. There is no release mechanism to worry about.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Success, but with a lot of force. Many buyers would be uncertain about that.

I'll provide that feedback to Arlec @tonybburch.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects