Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove Bunnings sticky label and adhesive from MDF sheets

Don63
Just Starting Out

How to remove Bunnings sticky label and adhesive from MDF sheets

I need to paint some mdf sheets I have erected, but am finding it difficult to remove the Bunnings label and adhesive. Any suggestions?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to remove Bunnings sticky label and adhesive from MDF sheets

Hi @Don63,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. What are you building with the MDF?

Let me tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL as well as experienced member @Noyade for their go-to products for removing stickers and labels, but I would first try isopropyl alcohol. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Don and Jason.

I bought this Trojan scraper a while back - very sharp bevel edge - removes stickers beautifully. I use to use turps to clean the remaining adhesive but now I've seen the light - general consensus appears to be alcohol these days?

Love it!Love it!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @Don63

There are several products that come to mind when removing stickers. However, I'm a little worried when you mentioned MDF. As I'm quite sure you're aware fluids and MDF do not mix well. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the sticker? I'm just curious as to how the sticker is placed on the panel. I suggest trying out the following products.

My recommendation is to make sure to only apply the fluid to the sticker and work as quickly as possible. You don't want to have the fluid standing too long on the MDF. Wipe off excess fluids with a paper towel as soon as possible. The only other option I can think of is to slowly sand the sticker off with sandpaper. What kind of MDF project are you building? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you're working on. Any updates you can provide would be most appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects