Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I cant seem to tighten my circular saw blade

silas
Just Starting Out

I cant seem to tighten my circular saw blade

I have an Ozito CMS-1629 Circular saw and have used it a few times, but I got it out today and the blade is getting stuck in the wood. As I pull the trigger I can see the blade is spinning freely of the motor and then “catching up” to speed. 

But the nut holding the blade in place is so tight I’m afraid I’ll snap my Alan key. Any ideas on what might be happening?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I cant seem to tighten my circular saw blade

Hi @silas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about tightening your circular saw blade on your saw.

I recommend to stop using your circular saw at the moment to see why the circular blade is free-wheeling. It should be firmly mounted to the axel of the tool and only rotate when you pull the trigger. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the blade on the circular saw without the locking nut installed? This will let us see if the blade is sitting properly on the mounting point or is loose.  

For your safety please do not use the tool until we've sorted out the blade mounting issue with your circular saw.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
silas
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric, thanks so much for your reply! Photos attached below 

DD4D1979-0F77-4A59-9527-93C66931E6AC.jpeg

1B54D444-2F8E-46D9-BC41-59F8078F383E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @silas,

I've just noticed the other blade in the background of your photo. Have you removed this blade and attempted to fit another? If so, has this issue only started since reinstalling the original blade? I'm guessing that might be the case, and if it is, you've likely installed the blade incorrectly. Did you reinstall the inner flange? Have you got the inner and outer flanges on the correct side? I have a feeling that if the flanges are on the wrong side, it'll restrict their ability to clamp and grip the blade.

If you have not removed this blade previously, and if tightening the nut fails to solve the issue, I'd recommend returning the saw for an exchange. If the blade is correctly located on the axle and the nut is tightened, then you shouldn't be experiencing this issue. If the blade is not correctly located on the axle, then that would be a concern in itself since you've only used the saw a few times, and I'd also recommend you return the product.

Just see a helpful team member at your local store with your proof of purchase. Let them know the locking nut isn't securing the blade properly, and they'll happily swap the unit over.

Mitchell

flange.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects