Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I would like plans for table saw jig

Friends
Just Starting Out

I would like plans for table saw jig

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I would like plans for table saw jig

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Friends. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

I trust if any of our members have plans for a table saw jig, then they would be more than happy to share them with you. A great place to start would be by doing a google search for table saw jig plans, and you'll find many designs and options to create.

What type of cuts were you looking to do with the jig? There are various cuts you can do on a table saw, and the jig you create will need to suit that style of cut. Some of the basic jig styles include crosscut/mitre sled, small-parts, thin-rip, taper-cut, box joint, jointer, tenon and circular. Some jigs will allow you to do a few different styles of cut with them.

Let me mention some of our keen woodworkers @r23on, @woodenwookie, @hazesnow, @Bundaboy and @Poppop to see if they have some favourite jig styles to share.

I look forward to hearing more about what you would like to achieve and seeing your finished project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Due to the lack of information there is a difference between jigs and fixtures. @Friends are you looking for a jig to hold parts in place while creating a cut or are they asking for a sled with various attachments to suite the sled?

as you have suggested Mitchell a sled has many uses. @Friends are you looking a jig or a sled?

Friends
Just Starting Out

The plans that I have found on line are imperial measurements not metric ,could you tell me where I can get plans in metric  thank you.JEFF 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Jeff (@Friends),

Can you please confirm for us what type of jig you wish to create and what you need it for? As mentioned previously, there are many different types of jigs, and you'll need to narrow it down for us so we can assist with some recommendations.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

@Friends 

unfortunately for you most measurements for the sleds come out of the US and you need to do conversations in one of two ways

1. use a conversion chat of the net

2. do your own conversion

To do your own is simple enough 

eg 1 3/4in = 44.45mm

1in = 25.4 mm

3/4 convert to mm > 3 ÷ 4 = 0.75 

> 0.75 x 25.4 =19.05

> 25.4 + 19.05 = 44.45mm

So 1in = 25.4

3/4 = 19.05

1 3/4in = 44.45mm

Hope this hepls

I'm not much help I'm afraid. I was given my dad's Triton WorkCentre 2000 so most of what people need for jigs I can do from the table itself. 😈

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects