Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lining steel-framed studio with Gyprock and OSB

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Lining steel-framed studio with Gyprock and OSB

IMG_5279.jpgWe have finally finished lining our studio (a steel framed shed) We settled on using OSB on the ceiling and walls in the main living area, and Gyprock sheeting in on the end walls and in the bathroom! We are thrilled with the result! Still have a few finishing touches to do, but nearly there.

Feature OSB in gyprock wall to mezzanine storage areaFeature OSB in gyprock wall to mezzanine storage areaIMG_5277.jpgIMG_5278.jpgAquacheck gyprock used in the bathroom.Aquacheck gyprock used in the bathroom. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lining Steel Framed Studio with Gyprock and OSB

Hi @DIYgals

Was there a particular reason you chose to use OSB boards? It looks beautiful, will you be putting a clear protective coating on it or leaving it to age? It's all coming together and looking wonderful. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the entire project finished.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Re: Lining Steel Framed Studio with Gyprock and OSB

Thanks @EricL ,

There were a few reasons we went with OSB, it's cheap, it goes up relatively quick, as well as not feeling overly confident flushing Gyprock on the ceiling we were a little concerned that with the shed having a steel frame the gyprock joints might crack with the movement of the steel with the change in temperature throughout the day/night. 

We have put a clear coat for a bit of protection, unfortunately nothing we put on it will stop the timber from yellowing with time. 

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: Lining steel-framed studio with Gyprock and OSB

great job looks professionally done I like the look of it :smile: reckon my mancave shed would look cool like that (if i ever get around to my shed lols)

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Re: Lining steel-framed studio with Gyprock and OSB

@Prawns  Do it! :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects