Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New gardening workbench and storage

wovenpaua
Cultivating a Following

New gardening workbench and storage

I bought a workbench flat pack for my daughter from Bunnings for $89 (what a bargain) I’m so pleased with it. I’m going to glue some vinyl on the bench top because we will be using water and soil on it when potting plants and seedlings. The old phone was from my Dad’s shed so when he died we couldn’t bare to get rid of it as he taught my daughter everything she knows about gardening and she wanted to keep it with her gardening things (she says so she can call him when she needs some advice). The storage for the larger garden tools was an idea I found on Pinterest, so I have put two pellets together one taller at the back and just screwed them together, I’m thrilled with them especially how it has tidied up this whole area in the shed. 

7CE04E63-5ED8-4AB3-AAF2-F0874B1C1EDE.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New gardening workbench and storage.

That's a fantastic setup @wovenpaua!

I trust some of our members would love to have a potting area such as this.

Well done, many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Benskimo
Making a Splash

Re: New gardening workbench and storage

I've got the same unit (3 of them actually...), aren't they great? Plus, the phone is a really really nice touch. Great stuff.

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

@wovenpaua  This set up looks great! Puts my messy workshop to shame - I'm thinking a tidy is on the cards soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Looks great and I love the phone. My sons would not recognise that phone as a source of communication. 😐

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @wovenpaua 

Excellent set up. I suggest contact adhesive to keep the vinyl down. It should give you years of protection even if you use it as a potting table. That phone is an excellent touch. " Local calls only please no long distance as it cost too much". Haha I am so showing my age with this comment. Enjoy the gardening!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

AP200
Getting Established

Wow,   instead of my feeling jealous, you have inspired me to get on and do something. My(our) shed is a mess. I did not know there was such a thing as a workbench flat pack so I will get on and look at the Bunnings site. I also see how great the pallet idea is. Thankyou for posting.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @AP200,

Did you find a workbench you were interested in?

We have a fantastic range of flat pack workbenches that you might like to check out. I particularly like the Pinnacle 1405 x 1100 x 540mm Compact Garage Workbench as it is a great size and comes with a pegboard to hang your tools. The best bit about these workbenches is their modular nature. If your tool collection gets too big or more bench space is needed, you can add another unit.

I'll be looking forward to hearing about what you choose.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects