Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ol'55 billy cart

SRBENET
Having an Impact

Ol'55 billy cart

I started this project when I saw a post about US cycle carts. As I have twin grandsons I thought that I could build them the billy cart that I always wanted! One day when walking through my local Bunnings in Hawthorn I spotted 4 wheels that would be the perfect size and axles to suit. With these in hand I had no choice but to begin. I love Morgan cars and as they are largely built with timber frames I decided to creat a 1:2 scale of a 1952 Morgan, plans and drawings of the original car were hosted on their UK website. With these in hand I popped back to bunnings to buy materials and some new Ryobi tools. Many hours and trips later learning new skills such as welding, timber bending and uplostery, the cart hit the road. This year we are taking it to the Red Bull billy cart chanllenge in Melbourne not to run down the hill jumps but in the build competion. I am just finishing the electrification so that it will drive under its own power.

IMG_0449.pngIMG20210613180533.jpgIMG_7492.JPGIMG_7452.JPGIMG_8.JPG

Re: Ol'55 billy cart

Hello,

Here is a copy of the plans I used based upon the 1952 Morgan, you can see more build images on facebook.com/SRB.Morgan.52

IMG_3 (2).jpg

Re: Ol'55 billy cart

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nai_romeo. It's sensational to have you join us, and great to see this wonderful project has inspired you.

It's pleasing to see you've received a prompt reply from @SRBENET and that they've already supplied plan details.

I'm sure our members would be thrilled to follow along with your project, so please start a discussion when you begin. You'll find the community is full of helpful and knowledgeable members just waiting to lend a hand, so reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

I can't wait to see what you create!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects