Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

PVC cap end sizes

sugachim1310
Just Starting Out

PVC cap end sizes

Will a Holman 32mm Press PVC Cap End fit onto a Holman 32mm Class 12 PVC Pressure Pipe, I was reading the reviews and one customer said that it was too big and they had to buy a smaller one. Should I buy a size down?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: PVC cap end sizes

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sugachim1310. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question on pipe sizes.

The 32mm pressure pipe cap is designed to suit 32mm pressure pipe. I'd suggest you purchase the 32mm cap.

The review you've read states, "I actually purchased the 32mm pvc end cap to seal the end of a 40mm pvc pipe". I'm not sure what is going on there, but it sounds like they are putting pressure caps inside standard PVC. They do say, "the 40mm Holman end cap is a very loose fit", but don't mention the 32mm being an incorrect size. I was in-store two days ago matching up 32mm and 40mm pipes and didn't have any issue with anything being too loose.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects