Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pretty easy workbench

topper
Building a Reputation

Pretty easy workbench

After looking at a few of the designs on this board. I found a good site that was similar to some of the builds here and had some easy to ready plans: https://www.bitterrootdiy.com/diy-mobile-workbench-with-table-saw-miter-saw/

I need to do some work around the table saw, get a dust extractor setup and probably a lot more. But pretty happy so far.

PXL_20210801_065535380.MP.jpg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Pretty easy workbench

Fantastic @topper.

It would be great to hear more about how you tackled this project and see updates along the way as you add more to it.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
topper
Building a Reputation

PXL_20210807_032925581.MP.jpg

PXL_20210807_034410289.MP.jpg

PXL_20210807_034440822.MP.jpg

PXL_20210807_034459281.MP.jpg

  

Ignore the dodgy workmanship. Still learning.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Well done @topper. Thanks for keeping us updated. Will you be adding anything else?

Stevie

topper
Building a Reputation

PXL_20210824_065613076.MP.jpg

  

PXL_20210824_065616405.MP.jpg

PXL_20210824_065627570.MP.jpg

Alright, finally getting around to giving you more details. They will be lacking, because I have a horrid memory but I'll try.

I used treating pine for the frame, mdf for the bottom shelf and..... Something that I can't remember for the top shelf. I recall the Bunnings guy suggesting it and stating that it was used in concreting. No problems so far. 

I predominately followed the instructions in the linked post but made small changes here and there to fit my tools.

For example, I cut a bit out of the frame to allow for the table saw's arms to slide through. I may have used two shelves where the table saw is because I mis-measured. Measure once, be a dunce?

I'll upload pics with my mobile soon to show what I mean for the small changes.

For someone who knows what they're doing, I would say this is < then a days work. Me, it took about 2.5 days of mediocre effort and poor measuring.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for taking the time to tell us more about your project @topper. I'm sure that members following along with your project will appreciate it. You may be referring to formply for the top.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects