Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

UFO LED high bay lighting

Conair400
Getting Established

UFO LED high bay lighting

9087750F-28E5-43E2-854B-5F290C289AD8.jpegHi all, I’m looking at installing UFO LED High Bay lighting in my garage instead of your traditional Fluorescent lighting. I have read some reviews online but would love to hear from anyone who has any experience in dealing with this type of lighting. Would love info regarding Watt size, Brand, min height and how many I would need for my garage which is 6.5m x 8m and 4.2m at its highest peak.

cheers 👍👍👍

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: UFO LED High Bay LIghting

Hi @Conair400,

Looks like a fantastic garage. Congrats!

Let me tag @Seaton for you. He's an electrician by trade and recently completed this fantastic project - Timber framed double garage and workshop

Welcome to Workshop. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans for around the house and garden. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Having shed envy...

The old style lights worked on the coverage was less than the height they were hung, with 120 deg lights you may get extra coverage because the old school lights may of all been 60 deg. Google hasn't been much help in calculating coverage but my best estimate is at least two 80 or 100 w lights preferable able to be dimmed.
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

I once saw a post about LED strip lighting ( have a look at google ), you may have to install some timber battens but it will give you uniform lighting from front to back and should be reasonable as far as cost is concerned. You could use it in conjunction with the UFO LED's, I suggest to read up on reviews and warranties as the market is currently full of imports with very questionable performance and quality. Remember to ask the seller actual lumen to watts comparison. Hope this helps and post what you've found!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Conair400
Getting Established

Cheers Jason.

Conair400
Getting Established

Thanks for the info Brad 👍

dmgdesign
Finding My Feet

Re: UFO LED high bay lighting

@Conair400 

What did you end up going with mate?

Hi @dmgdesign.

Let me tag @Conair400 so they are alerted to your question. Hopefully, they might be able to give us an update on their selection of lighting.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey buddy I used UFO  LED High Bay lights. They are incredibly bright and give off a Very nice white/daylight colour. Great if you want to work in your garage at night 👍Thank 

47081114-4D9B-4503-9784-96948F727936.pngC365E3C6-65B0-423F-B9E3-3A5C65D99361.jpegA6679925-0A73-436A-832D-50D45BE010B5.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects