Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vacuum suitable for garage debris?

Newgreenthumb
Building a Reputation

Vacuum suitable for garage debris?

Hi Guys -

I’m looking for a vacuum to clean up debris on the garage? I do sweep but it’s just not enough. I don’t have a backyard so a leaf blower isn’t necessary but is it best to purchase one and use the vacuum option? Or is that for leaves only?

thank you!

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Vacuum suitable for garage debris?

Hello @Newgreenthumb 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop! If your garage is like mine and doubles as the storage area for the house I have a three step approach to the storage and dusting of the area. First I use my Ozito cordless blower to blow all the dust and debris out. Next I cover all my stored items with a plastic backed drop sheet. I stored my bikes in an open shed with only the drop sheet as protection and it lasted 5 years.  Then the very last I use my Ozito shop vac to pick anything left behind on the floor ( very versatile and I also use it to vacum my car! ). Mind you this is also my woodwork shop so it gets mighty dusty after I do my work. Below are the photos of the items I use. I am planning to build a primary filter bucket for my wet/dry vac just like @JoeAzza so that it extends the life of the unit. There are so many designs on the internet I think it is a vital piece of diy that should be right next to your shop vac. With a little bit of planning and re-arrangement you can maximize both the area and storage of your garage. I hope my suggestions help and gives you a better idea of how you want to keep your garage clean and useful.

Cheers!

Red

Screenshot_2021-05-31 Ozito PXC 18V Blower Kit.pngScreenshot_2021-05-31 Paint Partner 2 6 x 3 6m Plastic Backed Canvas Drop Sheet.pngScreenshot_2021-05-31 Ozito 1250W 12L Stainless Wet And Dry Vacuum.pngA sample of the arrangement of the primary dust and debris bucket.A sample of the arrangement of the primary dust and debris bucket.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects