Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Looking for free pallets in Perth

Hello Mitchell

Not sure whether it is just the Wangarra WA store's policy but i was advised by one of their team members in the woodyard that they no longer provide free pallets. They do however hire them out subject to a $50 deposit which is refundable on the return of the pallet. If you damage or fail to return the pallet then you forfeit your deposit. So essentially you are purchasing the pallet or looking at it another way Bunnings is now choosing to sell them for $50 which is very disappointing.

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Hello, 

I was wondering if the Bunnings Warehouses in Perth participate in making pallets free to customers? 
I need to put household items into storage and would like to place pallets on the floor of the storage unit, if possible. 
Many thanks for any assistance you can give in this matter. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can i get free ply wood or pine at bunnings near aspley?

Hello @Bendago

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about getting free plywood or pine at Bunnings near Aspley.

I've spoken to our store at Bunnings Virginia and they only have free pallets. However, there are instances that they get damaged cover sheets that can still be salvaged. These are often sold at reduced prices but are often the first to go once spotted by eagle-eyed D.I.Y. builders. I suggest giving the store a call on Friday and speak to a timber yard team member, and ask if they have any cover sheets or damaged panels for sale. It sounds like an interesting project, any updates you can provide about your kennel build would be much appreciated.

Here is a handy link to give you ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular pallet projects

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric   

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: pallets

Hi @ruby-jay,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

As mentioned in this popular discussion, Bunnings stores will often put aside pallets for anyone to collect. Best to give the Murray Bridge warehouse a call before you visit and they can let you know whether they have some for you. 

We look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

What are you planning to make with the pallets? I'm sure you'll get some great ideas from our Top 10 most popular pallet projects. Our wonderful member @Jamespeter100 has created many wonderful pallet creations for his garden. You can check out his posts on his member profile page

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @rossjohn2

I'm so sorry you couldn't get your free pallets. I've just spoken to Bunnings Wangara and there must have been some miscommunication with the team member. I've been assured that the ordinary uncoloured pine pallets are free. Stock delivery happens on Tuesday and Wednesday at that store so a good time to call and look would be a Friday.

I suggest calling the stores Trade Desk and specifically ask for the "ordinary pine pallets" that are given away for free. This will guarantee that there will be no confusion as to what you are after. If you need further assistance with acquiring the free pallets, please let us know. If you are planning on building a project with pallets, any updates while building it would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you Eric.

I will follow them up today to confirm their availability.

Kind regards

John

Prakashk85
Growing in Experience

G'day!

I am planning to build some planter boxes for my garden using pallet wood. Wondering if Tarneit (preferred) or Hoppers Crossing (Victoria) branch has some free pallets available. Are those pallets safe to use for veggies or adding a plastic inside the planter would do? 

Thanks!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Prakashk85. Sounds like a fantastic project and we can't wait to see pictures.

Most Bunnings stores offer free pallets when available. If you speak with a helpful team member at the store in the timber drive-through, they'll be able to show you what they currently have. It's always best to give the store a quick call before you head in to make sure some are there to pick up.

Check out this Featured Project: Pallet planter box. Workshop members suggested that @lcantem line the planter with corflute or builders plastic as a precaution.

Stevie

Prakashk85
Growing in Experience

Thanks Stevie!

Free timber pallets

Hello everyone, I am new to this workshop and the reason I joined is to ask and get an idea where I could get some free timber pallets in the Campbelltown area. I have plans to improve our backyard by making garden beds from recycled timbers. If anyone has an idea please let me, I would greatly appreciate the help! Cheers everyone! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects