Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Workbench progress and ideas

royq
Having an Impact

Workbench progress and ideas

Hi Workshoppers, I decided to post up some pics of my workbench build that I'm about halfway through, hoping to get some ideas for storage and a little bit of motivation to finish it. I used leftover packing timber from work, untreated pine that was bracing in a shipping container. I have a top that I laminated from 60x30 Jarrah offcuts, I need to level it and cut it to size. Unfortunately I have put a temporary benchtop on and it is now covered in stuff so the project has stalled.

Any tips on storage? I was planning racking suspended from the ceiling and maybe just one shelf underneath... not really sure yet.

IMG_20170824_173849_hdr.jpgIMG_20170825_180847.jpg

Cheers, Roy

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Workbench progress and ideas

Hey @royq,

Maybe you could tell us what you need to store? It might help members give you tips about the construction. 

You might also be interested in seeing @Wayne's shed tour here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/My-Humble-Workshop-quot-The-Shed-quot/m-p/16914 - Might give you some ideas and inspiration!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
royq
Having an Impact

Hey @Jason,

I've got a multitude of various hand tools to store, I was thinking a peg board on the back wall for this, then my three chainsaws and a few battery tools, electric tools, various bits and pieces, car parts, spare tiles, paint, boxes of hardware, etc etc. I'm going to have to get rid of some stuff I think :(. 

@Wayne's shed looks mint! It is set up for more woodworking than I'll ever do, but it looks great regardless.

I'm hoping to make some progress this week I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Roy

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @royq,

How are you going with this project?

Did you see the great ideas here from @Tara86 and @Monument? - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/Current-reno-of-my-she-shed/m-p/19398

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
royq
Having an Impact

Hi @Jason

I'm still procrastinating on it right now haha. I managed to get hold of a few sheets of pegboard for nix last week so that'll go to good use, and I bought some storage tubs from Bunnings so I know how far apart my shelves need to be. Thanks for the reminder I need to get on with it this weekend.

Yes, I saw those posts, some impressive workshops! I don't think mine will ever be that organised :smile:

Cheers, Roy

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects