Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to drill into colorbond end?

mml1234
Just Starting Out

How to drill into colorbond end?

I have tried to drill into post for colorbond side but nothing I try works 

image.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to drill into colorbond end?

Hello!

What size drill bit? Is the one you're using new or used?

Cordless or corded drill?

The thickness of the metal would be 2 to 3 mm?

A sharp drill bit and maybe use a corded drill should make easy work of this. Possibly a drop or two of Suttontools Venom cutting fluid would also help.

I'm interested to find out exactly what's going wrong for you.

Cheers.

SCA_537337_hi-res.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

In addition to @Noyade troubleshooting questions, can you tell us what you're actually trying to do? Why are you drilling the hole @mml1234 ?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mml1234. It's great to have you join us. 

As you can see from the friendly replies you've received, we've got loads of helpful members sharing information, advice and inspiration on the site every day. Can you please provide us a little more information so we can assist? I'm sure @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he is back on the site tomorrow. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mml1234. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received some helpful advice from our members.

You might like to read through this similar and recent discussion on Drilling through steel/metal/colorbond by @lozandsam. Within the topic, we discuss a few tips on drilling through Colorbond. If the drill bit you are using is sharp, I would suggest starting by marking the drill location with a nail punch. Occasionally I have had a drill bit spin on top of sheet steel and not actually cut into it. Punching a start location is more likely to bring the drill bits cutting tips in contact with the material.

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects