Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

1970s kitchen renovation

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

1970s kitchen renovation

Here's the 70s-era kitchen that we inherited when purchasing our house. 

What would you do with it?

Jason

OldKitchen.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What would you do with this kitchen?

Put it perfectly @ProjectPete .

And @Jason  absolute turn around. That's why even after 27 years in this industry I never get tired of seeing renovations.

Awesome job

Kind regards Rob Colbert 👍

Di1
Building a Reputation

Re: 1970s kitchen renovation

Yes, this poor old kitchen has had its day but the redo is fabulous!  I love it!

MissionIsta
Getting Established

Re: What would you do with this kitchen?

These before and afters are -- amazing! I would have kept the groovy vibe, but that's me!
Di1
Building a Reputation

Hi, yes, very '70's, isn't it.  Still, head and shoulders better than mine which look to me to be from the 50's!  I'd change the cupboards to something modern.  Just wondering what that room next to it is?  Is that a hatch between the kitchen and a family room?  Perhaps you could take that wall down and create a room which would be much more popular with families nowadays.  The counter tops are very narrow (again, like mine) and the tiling at the back of the counter tops is VERY dated.  Of course, that would come off. However, the room looks a decent size so if you combined the two rooms, you could have a really lovely kitchen.

Because we've only got one side of the kitchen, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Di

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, it was a family room @Di1, with a separate laundry behind the wall which house the cooktop. We opened it all up to one living space and it's the heart of the home where all the action always is!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects