Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

Kitchen islands are a great place to create a feature but are often forgotten (at least in the ones I've seen) so it was great to add this architectural bamboo panelling to a customer's kitchen island recently. This panelling can be used pretty much anywhere - beautiful, hardy material.

I'm a big fan of the half-dowel styling too which is definitely gaining popularity.

IMG-20201002-WA0020.jpgIMG-20201002-WA0021.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Re: Bamboo panelling on kitchen island

This adds that extra level of detail and gives a good sense of continuity !

Really great work! @ProjectPete 

Cheers 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@ProjectPete,

Simply stunning! As @diy_hausdesigns has mentioned I love how you've extended its usage to the bar also.

A great way to bring some warmth to the room.

Well done and many thanks for sharing

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
agnesp
Finding My Feet

Hi there,

Where would I find these bamboo panels in Auckland please?  Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @agnesp. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @ProjectPete to see if he can answer your question about where he sourced this bamboo panelling from. If it is one of our products I'd be happy to see if it is supplied in Auckland for you.

It would be great to hear more about your project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or had something to share with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration from with the community as our creative members are contributing their ideas here every day.

Mitchell

I'm no aware of a supplier in Auckland (or NZ) @agnesp.

I'm partnered with WA's only supplier of the product. There is a distributor in Sydney who may be able to help you. Please private message me your details and I'll get him to contact you.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

@MitchellMcthank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@agnesp,

I thought I would follow up to let you know that the half-timber dowel feature wall that Pete mentioned is quite easy to make. You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to create a dowel timber feature wall. You might also like to check out what our @MakeItYours team achieved in their Kitchen and dining renovation. If you prefer the square profile look to the half-round dowel then you could simply use a square or rectangular profile moulding instead. You would just need to space them evenly when adhering them to the surface.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

herno
Finding My Feet

Hi,

Can you please let me know where you got the panelling from?  Is it able to be used outside as I would love to put it as feature wall?

Thanks,

Jade

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @herno,

@ProjectPete mentions above that he is "partnered with WA's only supplier of the product. There is a distributor in Sydney who may be able to help you. Please private message me your details and I'll get him to contact you." So perhaps if you want further details you could send him a private message.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects