Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dining table makeover

sowmyao
Just Starting Out

Dining table makeover

I would like to do makeover of our furniture. It is currently wooden colour though out I would like to have dark walnut color on top and legs with white.. Would you able to suggest the steps for painting the furniture? I know we need to sand the furniture and then do multiple quotes of paint? Should we be using stain and varnish for that? AFter doing this should we need to give a quote of gloss or something to protect?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dining table makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sowmyao. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

The general way to go about this would be to sand everything and then apply a primer to the base. You'll then coat the base with the paint of your choice. I would advise using enamel paint as it is harder wearing than water-based options. Aquanamel would be a suitable option and does not need to be varnished over it. You can then stain and varnish the top in a dark walnut colouring.

You might like to have a read through these step-by-step guides:

These previous discussions should be of interest:

Please let me know if you have further question or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects