Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas to renovate 70s kitchen

woolfj
Growing in Experience

Ideas to renovate 70s kitchen

IMG_1313.JPG

woolfj
Growing in Experience

Re: Ideas for kitchen design to renovate old 70s kitchen

Wow - thank you so much. I've had numerous kitchen people here to give me ideas and quotes but they have all just redo what we have already even though I've asked for more storage and bench space plus their ideas......WIll ahve a very good look at this now.

Now it may seem like your loosing pantry space in configuration 2 but the storage space is still actually still there just spread out better. Any questions drop me a line.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @woolfj,

Just wanted to check in and see how you were going with this project. It's been a hugely popular conversation on Workshop this year - many thanks for kicking it off. Obviously many other people have kitchens like yours in need of an update.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

This is a fascinating project that I have just stumbled upon and would be really interested to see how it worked out.

From what I have read I have two questions.
Did you consider using some of your laundry space as a butlers pantry? Being able to clear out the cupboards of some bulky or not often used kitchen gear may be a huge benefit
Also don’t underestimate how much difference that 25cm from moving the .....(sorry lost what it was you were reluctant to address). If not much actual space is gained the visual effect can be huge. Also getting the microwave off the bench will declutter working space significantly.

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Jillybeanz. I'm sure @woolfj appreciates the input and will get back to us as soon as possible about how the project is progressing.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading more of your posts. Feel free to post whenever you have something new to share or need assistance with a project. And please let me know if you need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can ensure Workshop is even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Hello @woolfj 

Here's a refresh of your kitchen from 2018!

woolfj2020.jpgwoolfj1.jpgwoolfj2.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic work as always @redracer01! I see the program you are utilising has improved significantly over the past 10 months. I must say the additional detail certainly allows you to envisage the final look more adequately.

Many thanks for contributing the updated design as I trust members coming across this discussion will appreciate it.

Mitchell

jasmin26
Just Starting Out

Simply say Great work because I saw the pics you upload before kitchen renovation & after kitchen renovation. I appreciate your work. 

Could you plz tell me how much amount you take for the modular kitchen renovation? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jasmin26. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Was it @Jason's own kitchen renovation you were interested in knowing the details of or the Bunnings renovation with before and after pictures posted on the first page of this discussion?

Are you planning your own kitchen renovation in the near future? It would be great to follow along and we would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or if you would like to share your project with the community.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @woolfj,

Hope you are staying safe and well.

Just wondering whether you have made any progress with your kitchen renovation?

As this has been an extremely popular discussion on the site, it would be great to see where you landed. 

Many thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects