Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen reno help - can I spray paint my cupboards?

cherona
Just Starting Out

Kitchen reno help - can I spray paint my cupboards?

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on whether or not I can spray paint my current cupboards or do I have to replace the doors.

20210111_140119.jpg

20210111_140057.jpg

20210111_140027.jpg

    

They are vacuum Vinyl and polyurethane and an ugly brown. Would like to give them a freshen up, like white/off white. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen reno help - can I spray paint my cupboards?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cherona. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It is possible to spray paint your cupboards, and I trust you'll find a wealth of information within the community about how to go about rejuvenating them.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How To Paint Kitchen Cabinets. You'll note that they use a roller in the application. However, a Wagner W100 Wood And Metal Paint Sprayer would also be suitable if spraying was your preferred method. The key to getting a great bond on your cabinetry is cleaning the surfaces, sanding them, and then using the Renovation range primer.

Here are some previous discussions that you might find useful where our members have used the Dulux Renovation range:

I'd recommend replacing the missing edging on the door before painting. There may be a slight difference to the paint finish between the laminate and the timber if you don't. You can use the Custompine 21mm x 10m White Iron-on Melamine Edging. The edging is ironed onto the door and then trimmed back to size with a sharp knife or chisel.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects