Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Microwave cupboard

Bruce1
Growing in Experience

Microwave cupboard

336F9A07-B578-4FCF-A395-17C7908AC59B.jpeg

I bought a built in microwave oven thinking it was a free standing one. So I built a cupboard for it. 

67AE3213-8F8F-4F9F-B9E1-E37C4746CFFB.jpeg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Microwave cupboard

Hello @Bruce1

Congratulations on a fantastic project, and thank you for sharing it with us. You've done a great job on the cupboard. It almost looks like it had always been a part of the kitchen. Are you able to share more details of your process with us and the tools and materials used?

Welcome aboard the Bunnings Workshop community. You'll find it's a great place for inspiring D.I.Y. projects like yours and for handy tips. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most out of the site, and I'll be happy to help. 

Great work once again, and keep those creative projects coming.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bruce1
Growing in Experience

I bought the microwave from Bunnings not relishing it was a built in. I did use the whiteboard and made the handle from pine. I used a circular saw & screw gun. It’s a good mistake now I have more bench space 

Bruce1
Growing in Experience

A88EFB90-CF58-438B-BC65-B6E1B62550BE.jpeg

All's well that ends well, it seems, @Bruce1. Having more bench space in the kitchen is always a bonus. Thank you for sharing more details of the project, and the updated photo. 

Keep up the great work!

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Bruce1 

To my eyes it looks great and matches the adjacent ovens. I wish my 'mistakes' turned out like this. I can't see a power-point in your second photo - did you have to install one for the new microwave position?

And and I see a power-board - for the toaster?

Bruce1
Growing in Experience

I did install a new power point behind the microwave. I also have a fake back in the cupboard for air flow. Thanks for liking it 

C1ACED4C-C8EA-4BD7-87C8-82BA07DD5B7B.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects