Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Out with the old, in with the new kitchen

damonw
Finding My Feet

Out with the old, in with the new kitchen

New Kitchen 3.jpg

We purchased a small 2 bedroom home on 5 acres that had not been lived in for 20yrs and when we walked in the kitchen was the first thing we saw. We had a goal within 3 years of building a new home on the property, the sacrifice was to live in the 2 bedroom dwelling with 4 children and renovate it before and whilst living in it. 

Once we had gutted the old kitchen, the flooring and the roof tiles we had a clean slate to start from. 

We installed a new ceiling with plywood along with new insulation, restored the original floorboards and were able to purchase a ex display U INSTALL IT Kitchen valued at $5000 for $1000 including the benches and overhead cupboards.

Once the bottom of the kitchen was in with benchtops we installed the overhead cupboards and the tiled splashback.

We are very happy with the end result considering what we started with.

Old Kitchen 1.jpgOld Kitchen 2.jpgOld Kitchen 3.jpgNew Kitchen 3.jpgNew Kitchen 1.jpgNew Kitchen 2.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Out with the Old, In with the New Kitchen

Hi @damonw 

Certainly an impressive transformation!

I grew up in a similar kitchen to the original. 😏

May I ask what have you done with the ceiling? Natural wood?

Re: Out with the Old, In with the New Kitchen

It is 9mm ply wood sheets 2400 x 1200

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Out with the old, in with the new kitchen

Hello @damonw

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your kitchen renovation.

What a beautiful kitchen transformation, what kind of flooring did use in the kitchen? Those black subway tiles just bring everything together. 

Again, thank you for sharing your kitchen renovation project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects