Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painted kitchen cabinets

Aaina
Having an Impact

Painted kitchen cabinets

As a first home buyer, we were always excited to execute DIYs and give makeover to our home as we wanted. Most of our Kitchen area including cabinets, slab and floor were in white tones though it look good but not what we wanted.

Inspired from Bunnings and Dulux paint collection we finally agree to re paint our cabinets and Island Grey and add some led lights to it. 

It took 2 person and around 3 days and cost us approx $270 for the complete makeover that we thoroughly enjoyed. Thankyou to Bunnings for for your expert advice helping us choose the best colour for our DIY project.

Before picture:

IMG_7769.jpeg

Final result:

IMG_7774.jpeg

Some more:

IMG_7771.jpeg

Steps

Step 1

Step1: We took out all the cabinets doors and their handles

Step 2

Step 2: We applied masking tapes behind the cabinet doors, on the wall corners and floor to protect unwanted paint

Step 3

Step 3: We did sanding to all the cabinet doors and Island to make them even and throughly cleaned the surface later

Step 4

Step 4: Then we applied one layer of primer using roller brushes and left it for drying overnight

Step 5

Step 5: Later we applied the first coat of Dulux Renovation range for cabinet doors in Signature colour and again left it drying for around 5-6 hours 

Step 6

Step 6: Upon drying first coat of paint, we did bit of sanding to even out the paint, cleaned them and applied second coat of paint, left it to dry for around 5-6hrs

Step 7

Step 7: Finally we removed all the masking tapes from the cabinets doors, cleaned them and fitted it back to the shelves. Also removed rest of the tapes from wall corners and floor.

manu2540
Finding My Feet

Re: Painted kitchen cabinets

Hi @Aaina , the outcome is an absolute beauty. With so less spending and such a great amount of work done, it is an inspiration to all the newcomers and who are learning on the go.

Well done mate !!

Hope to see some more projects soon.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jatin_B.

I trust @Aaina appreciates your kind comment.

Do you have a kitchen that could do with a transformation like this? If so, all our members would be very keen to assist, so please reach out anytime you need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

A big welcome to the community to you, too, @manu2540.

It's great that you've found this project so inspirational. I love how simple and effective the transformation was. How's you're kitchen looking? Could it do with a painted refresh?

Mitchell

Mamta1510
Finding My Feet

Beautiful transformation 😍 your guidance surely help me to makeover my old borring cabinet. Keep it up 👍

This project is certainly inspiring the community @Mamta1510. I'm glad to see it's caught your eye, and a huge welcome to the community to you as well.

We'll be looking forward to seeing some images of your project, so please hit the Share a project button when you're ready. Sing out if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

Thankyou Manu 😊

Aaina
Having an Impact

Thankyou @Jatin_B, appreciate your thoughts 😀

Thankyou @Mamta1510 

All the best for your project ✌🏼

Purohit
Finding My Feet

Hi @Aaina,

Wow, this DIY Kitchen transformation looks so amazing . I liked your idea and creativity, thanks for sharing this with us.

Chandra

sabhyata
Finding My Feet

Great work @Aaina. It’s unbelievable for the amount of money you have spent.

great work.looking forward to seeing your next work.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects