Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painted kitchen cabinets

Aaina
Having an Impact

Painted kitchen cabinets

As a first home buyer, we were always excited to execute DIYs and give makeover to our home as we wanted. Most of our Kitchen area including cabinets, slab and floor were in white tones though it look good but not what we wanted.

Inspired from Bunnings and Dulux paint collection we finally agree to re paint our cabinets and Island Grey and add some led lights to it. 

It took 2 person and around 3 days and cost us approx $270 for the complete makeover that we thoroughly enjoyed. Thankyou to Bunnings for for your expert advice helping us choose the best colour for our DIY project.

Before picture:

IMG_7769.jpeg

Final result:

IMG_7774.jpeg

Some more:

IMG_7771.jpeg

Steps

Step 1

Step1: We took out all the cabinets doors and their handles

Step 2

Step 2: We applied masking tapes behind the cabinet doors, on the wall corners and floor to protect unwanted paint

Step 3

Step 3: We did sanding to all the cabinet doors and Island to make them even and throughly cleaned the surface later

Step 4

Step 4: Then we applied one layer of primer using roller brushes and left it for drying overnight

Step 5

Step 5: Later we applied the first coat of Dulux Renovation range for cabinet doors in Signature colour and again left it drying for around 5-6 hours 

Step 6

Step 6: Upon drying first coat of paint, we did bit of sanding to even out the paint, cleaned them and applied second coat of paint, left it to dry for around 5-6hrs

Step 7

Step 7: Finally we removed all the masking tapes from the cabinets doors, cleaned them and fitted it back to the shelves. Also removed rest of the tapes from wall corners and floor.

sonalseth
Finding My Feet

Re: Painted kitchen cabinets

What a great transformation with such simple process..Amazing thinking Aaina..And what a beautiful result. Love it..Keep these good ideas coming. 🙂👍😍

darpansharma
Finding My Feet

@Aaina's kitchen renovation is incredible! As a first-time homebuyer, I admire her enthusiasm for DIY projects and giving her home a fresh look. Choosing to repaint the cabinets and add LED lights in Island Grey, inspired by Bunnings and Dulux paint collection, was a brilliant decision. It's impressive that she completed the entire makeover with just two people in about three days, and the cost of approximately $270 is quite reasonable. I have to appreciate her dedication and skill in executing this beautiful transformation. Well done! Kudos. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Purohit, @sabhyata, @sonalseth and @darpansharma.

I trust @Aaina is truly blown away by the amount of recognition their project has received. It's amazing to see all these new members joining the community and jumping into this discussion to make their first post; a true testament to how inspirational this project is.

We look forward to hearing about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance, as our community is full of knowledgeable members that are always willing to lend a hand by providing guidance and assisting with your projects.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
meghamegha
Finding My Feet

Amazing work well done @Aaina 🎉

Nikhila_Thakur
Finding My Feet

What a great work @Aaina  

I am so much looking forward to change my existing white walls in the house and kitchen. 
keep going and inspiring us to do more.

thank you. 
with love 

nikhila 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @meghamegha and @Nikhila_Thakur. It's sensational to have you join us.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration to fuel your D.I.Y itch. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

Thank you so much @Aaina we can't wait to transform our kitchen! 😊

Himanshu
Just Starting Out

Beautiful makeover. Well done Aaina 👏👏

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Himanshu. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for joining the discussion.

I'm sure @Aaina appreciates your kind comments.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Feel free to reach out anytime you have a question or have something to share.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects