Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

I wanted a Buffet for the dining room but couldn't find one the right size. This old chest of drawers was close to the size so I converted it from 3 large drawers into 2 smaller drawers, 2 doors and 2 shelves inside. Painted with left over paint from the wall behind it and it does the job, looks good and I'm happy. I used all the pieces I had pulled apart and only bought the handles and melamine shelves from Bunnings to finish.

Buffet 01.jpgBuffet 06.jpg

Buffet 05.jpgBuffet 04.jpgBuffet 03.jpgBuffet 02.jpg

Something very satisfying about giving old furniture a new life. I hope you get inspired too!

Cheers,

Stuart

Re: Re-purposed an old chest of drawers into a new Buffet

So glad I inspired you @ReneeandJesse , I know I have been inspired by many posts on this site and love how everyone shares their ideas, help and projects. When I pulled out all the drawers I could see the possibilities and went from there. 

I look forward to seeing your future posts.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi @Bundaboy  the colour is Taubmans Cape Blue Which I have used on a few feature walls and am still using what's left in the tin.

Cheers,

Stuart

pepsp
Having an Impact

Wow @Stuardo great job and excellent example of an upcycling project! Way better than the drawers ending up in landfill 

Thanks Jason! Yes hopefully start a project one of these days! 😎

That’s awesome! So creative! 

rubytuesday1953
Having an Impact

I love it !!!! Well done @rubytuesday1953 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects