Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Replacing kitchen cupboard doors

suequarford
Building a Reputation

Replacing kitchen cupboard doors

Hi everyone, 

I am looking at renovating my kitchen by replacing the cupboard doors with a different style. What is a good option for finding replacements? Do companies like Kaboodle make custom doors to fit existing cupboards?

Thanks,

Sue

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Replacing kitchen cupboard doors

Thanks for your question @suequarford. I'm sure @EricL will be more than happy to assist when he is back on the site on the weekend. In the meantime, could you please measure your kitchen cabinet doors so Eric can suggest suitable replacements? Some photos of your kitchen would also be helpful so he can see what you are currently working with.

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @suequarford

Thank you for sharing your question about replacing kitchen cupboard doors.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jason. Replacing your kitchen cupboard doors is an excellent option when refreshing the look of your kitchen. The Kaboodle Doors for kitchens can be ordered as custom width and will allow you to replace your existing doors. However, the doors are all fixed at 720mm in height. Some doors can be cut down in height, but you or your builder would have to do it on site.

For you to find out how much the replacement will cost you, you will need to measure all your doors both in height and width. I suggest bringing your door measurements to your closest store and consult the In-Store Kitchen Expert. You will need to choose which Kaboodle Profile you prefer and the colour that you like. The Kitchen Expert will then input this into the computer and then give you a quote for the doors.

I recommend considering the option of painting your existing doors. Using the Dulux Renovation Range will give your kitchen a fresh new look without having to replace any of the doors or panels.

Here is a handy link to a discussion about painting kitchen doors: Painting kitchen cabinet doors - Dulux Renovator range by @VanessaL

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular kitchen projects

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @suequarford,

You might find some of the projects in this collection to be inspiring and helpful for your project: 10 kitchens transformed with paint

Looking forward to seeing what you can achieve.

Jason

suequarford
Building a Reputation

Re: 10 kitchens transformed with paint

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for the info. I'll definitely be doing something like what @LizzieCro did as it's just what I'm after.

I'm very much into updating things by painting them so the paint information is really useful. I just finished updating an old side cupboard using Bunnings Paint, knobs and self adhesive vinyl on the glass parts before painting.  AfterAfterBeforeBefore

suequarford
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric

Thank you so much for your advice. I have now been into our awesome new Bunnings at Nowra which has a great Kitchen display area. And also a helpful staff member who helps with set out and ordering. 

SO many great videos of how to do things here is helping me enormously.

Thanks again,

Sue

Hi Sue, @suequarford 

I love your re-vamp of the buffet. Something I found which is possible is to just paint the glass. We had mirrored sliding doors in a bedroom, which I was renovating. The mirrored doors didn't suit the new look. I thought I'd take a punt and paint them. Firstly I used silicon and added Shaker trim to the outside of the mirrored section (3mm ply strips). Then I applied ESP to the surface of the mirror, just as I would if I was using it on any other slick surface. Then I primed with Zinsser BIN, then top coats of water based enamel. I honestly didn't think it'd be at all durable, but here we are, 6 years later, and there is absolutely no damage or scratches on that paint. It's in a bedroom which is used by my daughter, so gets no special treatment.

Many thanks for letting us know of your experience using Flood 500ml ESP Easy Surface Paint Preparation @LizzieCro. I've used it a few times in the past, and the projects have always turned out super durable. Using it is a worthwhile step to ensure your topcoats adequately bind on tricky to paint

surfaces.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects