Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Simple air fryer stand

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Simple air fryer stand

I heard a story about a benchtop cracking from the heat under an Air Fryer so I made a stand to put mine on.

Space underneath stores the extra trays and I put it on felt pads so I can slide it out of the way too.

Didn't want to risk my new benchtops.

Airfryer Stand 01.jpgAirfryer Stand 02.jpg

Cheers,

Stuart.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Simple Air Fryer Stand

Hello @Stuardo 

Excellent idea! I will have to make one for my fryer! Have you thought about putting cabot's clear coat varnish for even more protection? 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @redracer01 

I gave it a coat of benchtop oil for now and am considering a black stain so it blends in with the bench, not sure yet?

Cheers,

Stuart

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice one @Stuardo. Air fryers are so hot right now! I'm sure this will inspire other members. 

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Simple air fryer stand

Great idea, I have a small bench top oven, I placed a ceramic tile underneath to protect the bench top, size, 600mm x 300mm, I like your idea, I think I'll make one similar to yours.

Thanks @JoeAzza , I look forward to seeing your stand on here when you finish.

Cheers,

Stuart

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic work there @Stuardo!

I have also heard stories of benchtops cracking from the heat. It's certainly a wise decision to try to prevent that from occurring at all costs.

Many thanks for sharing and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Interesting.

Are there any photos out there in Google Land showing what damage they (can) cause to bench tops?

The machine illustrated above - is that an air-fryer come oven?

Just had a look at my cheap K-mart air-fryer - all the expelled hot air comes out at back of the machine, aimed at the wall.

Never thought about this before and what potential damage it could do...

Yours in Thermodynamics and Paranoia.

Graeme.

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Noyade , mine is a Kmart Air Fryer that I suppose looks and acts like a small oven and yes there are a few stories out there. I did notice there was a fare bit of heat underneath it after use. Seeing as I have just installed new kitchen and benchtops it does not hurt to be a bit paranoid :smile: 

It was a fun little project anyway.

Cheers,

Stuart

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects