Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Storage bench made from old planter box

selva
Having an Impact

Storage bench made from old planter box

EF08EDC9-A9FB-47C2-89B9-6C8179411CA4.jpeg

I had these old planters I no longer used and decided to turn one into a banquet for the dining table. I cut out a lid for it and bought a piano hinge to secure it and have extra storage. I then painted in dulux enamel paint for extra durability. It was an easy diy with just a few tools needed but gives a big impact 

07E0DA0D-D413-4EFE-BA19-20E5554C0838.jpeg

D69C2102-6726-4AC9-905B-84A8813661D8.jpeg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: old planter box to dining banquete #DIY July

Hi @selva welcome to Workshop and thank you so much for contributing. This looks absolutely fantastic and what an awesome way of reusing the planter boxes. You have done an outstanding job well done.

Carl

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @selva,

I absolutely agree with @CSParnell, you have done a fantastic job and may even make it into our Top 10 most popular indoor projects one day! You mentioned you only needed to use a few tools, which were they? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much!!

selva
Having an Impact

Thanks so much!! Yes! I need to get better at documenting and explaining how I make things but so many times it’s such a trial and error!! For this project because the planter was already built I just needed to clean it, then a jigsaw to cut some spare wood panels I had to size and then a drill / screwdriver to screw in the piano hinge on the back of the panel and then just paint a roller and paintbrushes to make the planter look like new! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects