Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What fittings do I need for a countertop dishwasher?

aloron
Growing in Experience

What fittings do I need for a countertop dishwasher?

I have purchased an Everdure counter top dishwasher from Bunnings but no one could tell me what fittings I need to connect it to a kitchen tap. I would appreciate any help please

aloron
Growing in Experience

Re: countertop dishwasher

Hi Red sorry that I haven’t returned your message. I have now got the Kinetic Aerator Kit.

How do you install the clip on part to enable the dishwasher hose to be taken off the tap when the tap is used for general use? Does it have to be unscrewed all the time?

I can’t see anything in the pack that connects to a hose to join the clip on attachment together. Can you help please? And now that we can’t go to Bunnings where canI get anything to help.

Regards aloron

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aloron,

Let me mention @redracer01, so he is alerted to your question. 

To easily disconnect your dishwasher, I believe @redracer01 suggested connecting the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit, which will give you a click-on connector on your tap. This will stay there permanently. You'll then screw a Nylex 12mm British Sprinkler Adaptor into the end of your dishwasher hose. A Pope 12mm Swivel Hose Connector will be used to join those two male click-on connectors together. This allows the dishwasher hose to be easily disconnected when not in use. I've added an image below to illustrate.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

tapconvert.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @aloron 

If you look at @MitchellMc 's diagram that is how it is suppose to be connected together. However if you do not have the necessary parts you will have to screw the dishwasher hose on and off every time you use it. But if you have the Pope swivel connector you can just unclip the hose like an ordinary garden hose. Hopefully you will be able to go out again when the lock down has finished and then you will be able to get the parts. Let me think on it and see if we can reconfigure it in another manner.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

aloron
Growing in Experience

Hi @redracer01, we were able to install the dishwasher on Sunday. I purchased the parts and it was easy. I only used the click on part from the Kinetic Aerator Kit, attached it to the gooseneck tap then attached it to the Pope12mm Swivel Hose Connector, then the British12mm Sprinkler Adapter, then it screwed onto the dishwasher hose.

Thank you for your patience and advice. It took awhile but the machine is now useable.

Does Bunnings sell anything to secure the drain hose to stop it from spraying water everywhere? Remembering that the landlord won’t permit drilling any holes into walls.

Thank you again, regards, aloron

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aloron,

Can we confirm that you'd like something to secure the drain hose inside the sink area? Unless you are going to mount a bracket inside the sink for the hose to attach to, the only other option I can think of would be weighing down the hose when it is in the sink. Or perhaps something on the end of the hose that could hook onto the sink drain.

Let me mention @MinB, who also has a benchtop dishwasher, to see if they have the same issue with the hose spraying water everywhere when draining.

Mitchell

Hello @aloron 

That is fantastic! Is there a chance you can take a photo of the finished assembly and post it here? One of the ways to secure the exit hose is to zip  tie it to the goose neck sink mixer itself. In that manner the hose will always point down. You can also fill a 1 liter container with water preferably a round shape not too big and you can zip tie the exit hose to this container making sure the hose points down. You then place it next to the sink where the water will exit in to the sink. It totally slipped my mind that the exit hose needed to be secure as well. I'm glad you finally have it working and I hope the family that you helped can now use the appliance properly. If there is anything else that I can help you with please post your questions here on workshop.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

aloron
Growing in Experience

20210706_195409.jpg

@redracer01   about connecting the exit/drain hose using zip ties. I rent and am looking at buying a dishwasher, but I am a bit concerned about what happens if something goes wrong and it flops over onto the floor. Any suggestions?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Renovator 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

One other option to using zip ties is to use Velcro straps. This will let you take it on and off the kitchen faucet. If you are worried that the exit hose will slide off the sink, you can use a Grunt 20mm x 40cm Versa Strap

You can also attach a plastic barbed elbow to the end of the exit hose so that the water is directed down and not sideways.

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Renovator another suggestion would be to tie a 1- 2 kg weight to the end of the hose, this would ensure that the hose is weighted done onto the base of the sink, which can be easily removed as required .

you buy a cheap eight from Kmart or Big W or similar type of store.

JoeAzza_0-1678017602751.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects