Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedroom side tables

lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Bedroom side tables

602B7723-670A-4AB8-BA45-A43DD4D2C4BC.jpeg

5F6BD6A6-F615-4BF6-BA17-8C799AF6C6D7.jpegI made these bedroom side tables using recycled cardboard cylinders that were free on Marketplace. I initially saw the design of two similar side tables and couldn’t suffice spending $300 each so made my own version. The cardboard cylinders original formed the inner cylinders of a roll of bubble wrap so were quite sturdy. They measured 600mm, so perfect for a side table height. 

i had the tops pre cut using the leftover ply from a previous project so these didn’t cost me anything. These measured approx 400mm x400mm circular. I used selleys wood glue and some small L brackets just to hold the legs to the top, next was the prep/prime paint and then finished in a white enamel coat spray. 😄

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bedroom side tables

Hello @lauraahearn

Thank you so much for sharing your bedroom side table project. What a clever way of reusing materials at hand. The best part is that this project used existing products that didn't cost you anything. Those cardboard cylinders are perfect as legs for your table, they are made to hold heavy loads of clear wrapping plastic. Was the paint leftover from another project as well or did you have to buy a bit?

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects