Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best glue for handmade projects?

Pcreations
Just Starting Out

Best glue for handmade projects?

Hi,

I need to know which is the best glue to stick stones and pebbles to the mirror and also to stick stones together.

Benskimo
Making a Splash

Re: Best glue for handmade projects?

A hot glue gun works well for this, and you get a hot glue gun for about 10 bucks. You can also used 2-part epoxy glue, but I always find it messy and wasteful.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pcreations,

Apologies for the slow reply. The community is a little quieter than usual at the moment as many members, including our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. guru @MitchellMc, are having a well-earned break. Great to see you receive a helpful reply from @Benskimo though.

Let me also tag @Peggers, @redracer01, @TerryN and @maryg for their thoughts. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your handmade projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TerryN
Having an Impact

@Pcreations 

Hello,I haven't done the type of project that you are doing, but people I know have used various adhesives for similar jobs,including roof and gutter silicone,liquid nails,etc. Bunnings have a wide range of products that would be suitable for the job.I sometimes use silicone in a tube for outside mosaic work and it has proven to be very successful over the years.The caulking guns are quite cheap,very practical to use,and can be bought at Bunnings in a standard, and also a mini size as well ,with small tubes of adhesives to suit,great for small projects,and to avoid waste.I hope this helps.Regards Terry.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Pcreations. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

@TerryN has provided some brilliant advice, and I would agree that silicone would be suitable for your project. I would suggest Selleys 310g Multipurpose Silicone Sealant as it is suitable for glass and should bond well to pebbles.

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects