Just thought I'd share my chair rennovation project completed during 2020 (thanks to lockdown I had plenty of time!)
It was pretty simple to remove the chair bases - 4 screws held them in place. Then chairs were scrubbed with sugar soap and a kitchen scouring pad, left to dry and then lightly hand sanded with some fine sand paper.
I used a spray gun to apply 2x coats of dulux 1 step prep then 2x coats of Aquanamel semi gloss. There is a bit of overspray so don't forget the respirator and safety glasses!
The upholstery was secured with around 60 staples per cushion. I must say it was a bit of a mission to remove the staples to get the old fabric off because the staples were well embedded in the upholstery. Eventually I settled on a sharp 10mm chisel which could get right under the staples, and some pliers for any stubborn ends.
Once the staples were removed it was a matter of cutting the new fabric to size (sourced from Spotlight) and securing the new fabric with a staple gun.
Ready in time for Christmas!
What a great result @pepsp and a new life for those chairs.
So much better than seeing them on a kerbside cleanout, you should be proud.