Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cupboard to mudroom makeover

makingmyhive
Growing in Experience

Cupboard to mudroom makeover

I created this mudroom set up next to our garage door from what was an infrequently used cupboard. Having hooks with hats and jackets right next to our garage door has been so much more functional and a significantly better use of the space. 

After taking the cupboard doors off I removed the two middle shelves, leaving the top shelf (now top cupboard) and bottom shelf (now the seat). I used 6mm MDF panels cut into 100mm strips to create the VJ panelling look and then added the floating shelf. Everything was given a coat of gloss white paint, then coat hooks added. 

I kept the old cupboard doors and cut them down to size to fit the new top and bottom cupboard areas. I created the shaker style look from the previously flat cupboard doors by using some of the leftover 6mm MDF and cutting strips to size, then gluing them on prior to painting everything. A couple of doorknobs and a cushion completed the look!

Edited.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cupboard to mudroom makeover

Lovely work @makingmyhive! Such a neat and charming project. The practicality of having everything accessible much be a joy. I love the hooks you've used, and the material on the bench cushion is just fab. Well done.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects