Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Custom bedhead project

leovilela2
Finding My Feet

Custom bedhead project

Snag_79346a6.pngThe first project was done a few years ago, inspired by BHG. I results was ok (for one of my first DIY projects), but with the years the glue started to go off, so I have taken a new challenge. Before I start the project I want to show you all the before and as the weekends go I will keep you updated on the progress (not sure how much "free" time I will have in the next weeks).

Project - Remove all old adhesive flooring replace it with Tas Oak (on the top to create a shell) and the pannels I bought easycraft (1200mmx9mm). Below are some of the pictures!

Quick question;

I am thinking of using nail glue for both the Tas Oak and the panels, can anyone see a problem with that?

Also, do I required to apply any product on the Oak?

Easycraft PannelEasycraft PannelOld ProjectOld ProjectOld Project2Old Project2Tas OakTas Oak 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Headbed Project 2

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @leovilela2. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a bedhead.

Nailing and gluing the panelling and timber would typically be suitable. What is it exactly that you have created the headboard out of and are connecting the timber to? If that material is solid, I see no reason why your method wouldn't work. You might like to read through these amazing VJ panelling projects contributed by our talented members. I'm sure you'll pick up some tips and tricks.

I look forward to following along with your project and am keen to see your results. Do you have any inspiration pictures to share?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

A few more updates... 

Removed the old boards and installed the easycraft panels and added the Tas aok. Amazing how the bedroom feels a lot less darker. I still need to paint the panels but wife is not sure what colour we will use. 

PanelsPanelsFinal project - Still missing paintingFinal project - Still missing paintingWife's sideWife's side

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @leovilela2,

Thank you for the update and photos! I definitely agree with you that the Easycraft panels make the room brighter. Are you thinking of painting them a bright white to go with your bedside tables? Or a colour to compliment your gorgeous feature wall? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects