Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y bookcase

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

D.I.Y bookcase

Hello Everyone,

When my son started to collect books he liked, it got put everywhere inside drawers, under beds etc. I didn't want to spend money on a cheap book case and have it fall apart after a year. Seeing as I had some left over mdf panels and paint I told the boss that I would make him one! I tell you there was a lot of suggestions and some even involved carrot cake! ( talk about bribery! ). While all this was going on I built it and painted it. Next thing you know it was at the foot of his bed!

Cheers,

Red

Easy Peasy!Easy Peasy!

20200520_194152.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Book Case

Nice one @redracer01. I like the primary colours. It might be fun to have three lined up next to each other. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KevinMall
Making a Splash

Re: D.I.Y bookcase

Nicely done.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for jumping into this discussion @KevinMall.

Let me tag @redracer01 so he's alerted to your kind comment.

Stevie

Thanks @KevinMall 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jenny_O
Getting Established

This looks great @redracer01 Are the pieces glued together?

Hello @Jenny_O 

You know I really should have, but it's just held together with screws.

Red

Ok great - thanks @redracer01  for letting me know. I’d like to build a bookcase too!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jenny_O. It's amazing that you've joined us and fantastic to see you make your first post.

Did you need any assistance with building your bookcase? We'd be delighted to help answer any questions you might have. If you were to take the dimensions @redracer01 has mentioned with you to a store, then the team will be able to help you select some suitable timber.

We look forward to following along with your project and would encourage you to let us know if you get stuck. You'll find loads of inspirational projects like this within the community as our creative members contribute their projects here every day.

Mitchell

Thanks so much @MitchellMc. That’s great that I can get help at the store with the timber. I guess my only questions relate to putting it altogether! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects