Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easy D.I.Y. dresser makeover

firsthomereno
Finding My Feet

Easy D.I.Y. dresser makeover

61302288-EF21-4436-912F-988865ADA356.JPGUsed everything from Bunnings including the gold drawer knobs!

- Door trim used to frame each drawer

- Paint (Dulux Natural White)

- Gold handles (around $4 each)

- No more gaps

- Sandpaper

Best way to make an Ikea dresser look more up market and it only cost me around $40!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Easy DIY Dresser Makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @firsthomereno. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a fantastic transformation you've achieved there! Were they the Lane 32mm Matte Brass Round Thick Knobs? There is almost a rose gold look to them, and I love their usage with the trim you've selected. Did you have any construction images? I trust our members looking to replicate your project would appreciate seeing how you went about it. 

We look forward to hearing more about all your projects around the house and garden, and in return, I'm sure you'll find many projects here which you can create yourself.

Thanks again for sharing your project, as I trust it will provide a great deal of inspiration to our members.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Easy D.I.Y. dresser makeover

Hello @firsthomereno 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop and thank you for sharing your cabinet diy makeover. I am truly curious how you attached the door trim to the existing Ikea front panels? did you use panel pins or did you just glue it on? It looks so classic now instead of just a plain looking front panel, it looks like a more upmarket cabinet. Looking forward to your future creations!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects