Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can l support cubed shelving on the wall?

elle68
Just Starting Out

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can l support cubed shelving on the wall?

Hello @elle68 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about supporting cubed shelving.

It's possible to support shelving on your wall. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your cubed shelf? This will give our members a better idea how big your shelving is. We can then make recommendations on mounting and wall transitions. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know,

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
elle68
Just Starting Out

They are similiar as the pics below. 25 cubed cabinet.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @elle68 

Thanks for that extra bit of information. If you are anchoring the shelving to a plaster board wall, I suggest looking for the timber stud in the wall to anchor to. I propose using Angle Brackets and screwing them either inside the box shelving or on the outside. I suggest using Chipboard Screws on the shelves and on the wall. 

However, if you are anchoring into a brick wall, I suggest using Ramset Universal Screws. But using the chipboard screws for the cabinet. Please note that you'll need to drill into the brick wall first in order to use the Universal Screws.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects