Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to create a Hamptons trim?

AshleyDickey
Finding My Feet

How to create a Hamptons trim?

F9171462-071F-4621-A63D-D1FF540B0055.png

Hello!!

Just wanting some suggestions on how I can create the below trim? There is so much moulding and I’m a little confused trying to pick something to ensure it sticks with our hamptons theme? Open to any suggestions, we have paneling happening throughout the house (except bedrooms) and just wanted something different in our lounge. We’re painting our lounge the same colour as the picture shown as well. 

Also is wood glue sufficient or would I need to nail this also? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hamptons Trim Suggestion

Hello @AshleyDickey

Thanks for sharing your question about Hampton's trim suggestions. If you're after something that is totally unique you'll need to consider height and form. If the moulding is too tall or too proud of the wall it becomes an annoyance rather than a feature. Having the moulding installed too high removes the effect you're going for. 

I understand that there is a lot to choose from so take your time. Set aside a full day just looking at moulding, you can then be sure that you've looked at your choices and not rushed at the first thing you see. I suggest buying at least three samples and comparing them in your house, you can easily return the other two once you've made your decision.

As for installation, I suggest a combination of both nails and glue to keep it secure on your wall.

Let me call on our experienced members @lifestylebymari, @craftyhopper and @prettyliving for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects