Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to end VJ panelling?

Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

How to end VJ panelling?

Wondering how one would end VJ panelling boards above where the doorway starts to the cornice area. Don’t want to use an obvious piece of quad or similar.

1FA30166-03BE-4F55-9DCB-E45A144B194E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to end VJ Panelling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bomber25. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about finishing Vj panelling.

Traditionally moulding would be used to reduce the harsh transition from the end of the panel to the wall. What was the reason you didn't want to use a quad or similar moulding? Instead of a separate piece, you could use filler to make it look like the moulding was part of the panel. That way, it would appear as if the panel was designed like that and simply tapers down into the wall.

If you can provide a little more information about the look you'd like to achieve, I'm sure our members will be able to provide a solution.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to end VJ Panelling

Hey Mitchell, thanks for getting back to me. I ended up skirting the doorway and across the wall. I’m thinking of doing vj panelling still but will wait until I do a barn door and some inbuilt cabinetry first. 

ED810704-88DD-4DAF-AC7A-9153D45EE209.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects