Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix wardrobe wobble?

Shareef790
Finding My Feet

How to fix wardrobe wobble?

Hi Buunings I have made a wardrobe using 35 mm doors on all 4 sides with 16G 100mm timber screws on all sides. There is no back cover. When I placed the wardrobe on floor, it is slightly not straight and wobbling. What is best fix you suggest please? Thanks

20240129_093124.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix wardrobe wobble?

Hello @Shareef790 

Thank you very much for sharing your wardrobe project. That was very clever of you to join 4 interior doors to form a wardrobe frame. In order to provide extra support, I suggest installing a 2400 x 1200mm 16mm MDF Panel Standard at the back of your wardrobe frame. I propose cutting the MDF panel in half along the 2400mm length. Place one half panel at the bottom and the other half at the top. 

I suggest using Zenith 10G x 50mm Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws - 50 Pack to anchor the panel to the back of your wardrobe frame. I recommend a minimum gap of 100mm between screws so that the panel will provide good support. The purpose of the back panel is to provide shearing support and prevents your frame from wobbling.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects